Tutorial - Magnolias
For this projects you will need :
- - A small piece of card stock for the petal template
- - A strip of white satin fabric (about 3x30)
- - A scrap of yellow satin
- - A scrap of green satin (optional)
- Cut your petal templates from the cardstock - you need on large and a smaller one (about 2/3 of the large one
- Cut 5 large petals and 5 small one (plus one large green if you want to add a leaf
- Singe the edge of each petal to prevent fraying
- Fold a small accordion at the wider end of each petal and glue it with a bead of hot glue
- Glue the 5 large petals together - It will look like a star
- Glue the 5 smaller petals offsetting to line up in the gaps from the large one
- Glue the small piece of yellow satin rolled into a cone in the center I added some pearl from broken costume jewelry
your magnolias are "magnifique" ! so pretty, i just love them! way to stash bust too, btw!ReplyDelete
They really do look like magnolias. The saint gives them the rich lustre that real magnolias have because they are so waxy.ReplyDelete
Great job!!!! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)ReplyDelete
Those are beautiful. The little pleat gives it a real-life look. Although, it doesn't use up much of your stash! :)ReplyDelete
What a great blog. love it. found you through links! I am a new follower too!ReplyDelete
if you every need new ideas on recipes or want to share your own. Come on over and check us out.
What beautiful flowers! Can you help me out? I am in a contest because of a recent post that I did on my weight loss. There is a contest on Face Book and I need you to vote! I am so close and I don't want the other guy to win! Just click on the link below and like that page (up at the top) then in the left hand column find my picture( I’m the one in the black bathing suit) under photo's 4 of 14 click(SEE All) and leave a comment under my picture! Thanks!!ReplyDelete
You might have to copy and paste it into your browser.
Very pretty! Thanks for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence's Under $100 Linky PartyReplyDelete
I learned from your tutorial and I did a white velvet magnolia. Please see it:http://ileana-carmen.blogspot.com/2011/04/tutorial-magnolie-din-catifea-facut.html. Thanks.I wish you all the best.