Still holding strong on the stash busting challenge. I confess, I have been avoiding temptation as much as possible. No trips to crafts or quilt stores. But I also resisted temptation : no slip-ups at Home Depot or Lowes.
Part of the challenge I put myself to was to finish as many pending projects as possible. This quilt was one of them. It was also a stashbuster project from the get go since I only bought an extra piece of brown fabric for the backing. All the rest directly from my stash. Problem though. After piecing the top and back, I got a bit of quilter's block. I first blogged about it here and then again here and here.
I had the hardest time deciding on a quilting pattern and just as much picking a thread color. Then as I was going through my stash for other projects, I found a half bobbin of variegated thread left from another project that I had totally forgotten about. Well there it is, quilted, bound and washed, I just have to add a label and deliver to the intended recipient.