This week has been marked by the realization there are only a few short weeks to go until Christmas. Yikes!! I'm usually more on top of things. The hubby and I have managed to put together our shopping list and assign shopping assignments (who gets to shop for who). On my list, on in addition to some of the conventional shopping : 2 tutus and a play tent for my nieces, some pillowcases for my sister, a few scarves, doll clothes and a couple more handmade gifts still brewing in my head, our traditional "One year in photos" family book, designing (nagging hubby for one week for his signature) and mailing the Xmas cards. Not to mention a few other home decoration projects... Deadline around December 15th. My head went spinning.
I cringed a bit and then I got started...
- Got ahead on the household chores as much as possible to have all that out of of the way for this weekend
- Cleaned up the studio that was looking like it had been hit by a tornado
- Finished cutting and sewing of 2 pillows and pillowcases
- Whipped together few satin Christmas ornaments ... still perfecting the technique
- Fabric cut for the scarves
I also worked on tutorials for both those projects
The tutorial for the herringbone pin tucks will be published by Jamie @ C.R.A.F.T. on Tuesday