Remember those lovely chiffon prints I found in the remnants bin at JoAnn's ? First I paired each print with some satin I had in my stash then with a bit of work they got turned into dressy scarves and here is the how-to:
- Trim the chiffon prints to be rectangular and cut a piece of the satin of the same size
- Pin the two fabrics the right sides facing each other
- Hem all the way around leaving a 2-3 inch gap to be able to turn it right side out (1/4 inch seam allowance)
- Trim the excess fabric in the corners (i.e. clip off little triangle at each corner)
- Turn the scarf right side out and poke the corners nice and square (I used a knitting needle)
- Iron carefully making sure the fold is right at the seam
- Topstitch all the way around - It helps if you have the special foot for it
- Wrap it around your neck and look pretty !
Here are some pictures of the three finished scarves.
Looks like I'm getting ahead for Christmas
My mom would absolutely love this blue one so I'm putting it aside for her
The other two are also pretty good don't you think ?
I even added some black lace on this last one